Kupidabin Cultural Association Inc.
Kupidabin Cultural Association Inc. is a registered non profit organisation.
A 10-acre block of land has been leased, which is protected under the State Government (E.P.A) Environmental Protection Act as a Rare Eco Region with ‘Land for Wildlife Accreditation’, and will be kept in its natural state for generations to come, and is located next to the Lyell Deer Sanctuary at Mt Samson.
In 2005 the land was blessed by Aboriginal Elder Tex Chapman Wakka Wakka representing the traditional ancestors of this land, giving us permission to hold Multicultural Gatherings to bring together all cultures, to break down the barriers.
The area was named “Kupidabin Wilderness” A Place of Peace and Harmony, Kupidabin is the Aboriginal word for “Place of Possums”. Wilderness (according to the Macquarie Dictionary) is a place where the ecology is undisturbed; A place of isolation away from the centre of things.
Kupidabin Cultural Association Inc. honours the ancient wisdom present in Australia and seeks to encourage others to discover their creative source.
To read what other people say about the Kubidabin events, please click here.
The Association aims to:
• Foster leadership and integrity.
• Encourage positive change.
• Promote understanding among people.
(PDF - Format) Detailed Information Here
Kupidabin Gathering of the Four Winds
A bi-annual multi-cultural spiritual gathering is bringing together all Indigenous Cultures and visitors from across the globe.
People of all cultures are invited to experience:
- Ancient traditions, wisdom and ceremony
- Traditional songs and storytelling
- Talking circle with the elders
- Cultural Workshops & activities
INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM:
- An Evening of Traditional Indigenous Song and Dance
- Acknowledgement of traditional custodians with didgeridoo and performance
- Performances of Indigenous song & dance
- Cultural Feast